Risky Play Behaviours, providing appropriate challenge and risk. View in your own time
We will look at:
· the definitions of hazard and risk
· National Law - take reasonable care and protect children from foreseeable risk
· Risky play in the early years as thrilling and exciting forms of play
· Dr Sandseter’s identified 6 risky play behaviours children choose to explore
· how prevention of risky play may result in fearful children and increased levels of psychopathology.
· possible functions and benefits of risky play
Length: 48 minutes
PLEASE NOTE, PRICES ARE PER PERSON.
Please order multiples if more than one will be viewing the presentation. Discount for a group of 5 or more viewers
Children need to be enabled to challenge themselves in all domains in appropriate ways. In this research based, live webinar we will explore the 6 risky play behaviours identified as strong urges or drives children display. We will look at simple, developmentally appropriate opportunities educators can provide to enable children to explore these drives both indoors and outdoors.